找回密码
 立即注册
搜索
查看: 3327|回复: 0
打印 上一主题 下一主题

[教育服务] 【新动态国际英语】想做自由职业者?先来看看这些挑战你hold住吗?

[复制链接]

主题

帖子

积分

初中二年级

积分
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2018-4-20 16:13:04 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
现在很多人,都会想做自由职业者。所谓自己的命运靠自己把握,赚多赚少都是自己说了算,而且还不需要每天准时准点去上下班。这一切都听起来诱惑无比,很多人都只看到自由职业光鲜的一面,而不知道这其中的挑战和压力。
自由从来都是相对的,一方面它代表着随心所欲,但另一方面也意味着动荡不安。但是,也有人在尝试过自由职业之后,觉得自己像是:
I’ve felt like I existed in a “black box”
像是生活在一个黑匣子。
那么,今天我们就来看看,自由职业者面临的最严酷的挑战有哪些!希望想做自由职业者的你,能对照着分析看看,你是否能hold住这些挑战吗?
It' hard to communicate
沟通困难
距离的增加,会让沟通的效率、进度大打折扣。在办公室沟通就好比高铁的速度,而远程自由办公背景下的沟通则如同绿皮老慢车。
The fact that most of this communication happens in written form or in front of groups makes them unsuitable for small talk or more informal information sharing.
事实上,这种沟通大多数以书面形式或群体的形式发生,因此传达非正式信息会非常不方便。
Worse, it can prevent you from feeling like part of a community.
更糟的是,这会让你失去归属感。
In addition, written exchanges are more prone to misinterpretation, even with people you know very well.
另外,书面交流更容易被曲解,即使是自己熟悉的人也是如此。
Cause interruptions & multitasks
经常受干扰,需要多任务处理
自由职业者真的自由吗?国外Fast Company杂志调查发现:
Since people don’t see you physically, they can’t really judge if it’s a good moment to interrupt you. So you get interrupted a lot, and you feel forced to answer quickly.
由于人们没有亲眼看到你正在做什么,所以他们不能真正判断现在是否是打断你的好时机,所以你会经常被打扰,你还会被迫着马上给予回应。
The other problem with remote chat is that people don’t know whether you’re already speaking with somebody else.
远程聊天的另一个问题是人们不知道你是否已经在与其他人交谈了。
I can’t count the number of times I’ve been juggling three different conversations at the same time, which to me can become stressful, especially when I have tasks to finish by the end of the day.
我已经数不清有多少次同时进行三个不同的对话了,这对我来说压力非常大,特别是当我在这天结束前还有任务需要完成。
It encourages overwork
超负荷的工作量
国外研究也表示:
Since people can’t see you work remotely, you might feel more obliged to show results every day, even if it forces you to work way past eight hours a day.
但是由于人们看不到你在远程办公,你可能会感到更有必要每天有结果产出,即使这会每天强迫自己工作远远超过了八个小时。
这种拼命压榨自己的状态,也会让自由职业者比一般公司白领精神压力更大,时刻不敢松懈。
所以,往往的结果是:
Freelancers felt compelled to work a lot more than if I were in an office.
自由工作者常常觉得相比较办公室工作,被迫做了很多事情。
It's challenging being at home
待在家里很有挑战性
自由在家真的会感到很自由吗?国外职场人的经验告诉你,答案可能并非如此。
When you spend a good part of your time at home, your family sees you as more available than they sometimes should.
当你在家里待了很长一段时间的时候,你的家人会认为你比平常更有空。
Even if you have places dedicated to work that should be off-limits to your kids, it’s still tempting for them to come ask you “just a little something.”
即使你有专门的工作场所,而且禁止你的孩子进入打扰,但是他们仍然抵不住诱惑来找你帮忙“一点点小事”。
This can make video calls a bit stressful. You’re talking with a customer for example, and your kids end up just appearing behind you on video.
这会让人在视频通话时有点紧张。例如,你正在和一个客户交谈,而视频里你的孩子刚好在你的背后出现。
It can feel lonely
让人有孤独感
Working at home can mean a lot of loneliness.
在家工作可能意味着孤独。
I do enjoy being alone quite a lot, but even for me, after two weeks of only seeing colleagues through my screen, and then my family at night, I end up feeling quite sad.
我确实很喜欢独处,但即使对于我来说,在两周的时间里,只有通过屏幕看到我的同事,然后到了晚上才见到我的家人,我感到非常难过。
I miss feeling integrated in a community of pairs.
我怀念那种融入团队的感觉。
Eventually, I really started to hate being alone; it began to impact my mental health and my mood.
最终,我真的开始讨厌独处了,它开始影响我的心理健康和我的情绪。

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则